Tuesday, September 1, 2009

3 Days....the holiday commences!

After three years of constant travel, the last five months have been, well, more hectic than usual-without any travel! We have not been traipsing abroad, instead we have been busy with car shopping, house shopping, furniture shopping...and job hunting for me (it was a success on all accounts!)

About a year ago we planned a fantastic 2 week trip to Disneyworld, with a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder (two stops at Castaway Cay-Disney's private island!). We planned it so far in advance because the cruise is a specialty cruise for Disney Vacation Club members.

So while I was job hunting, I had to make sure any job I took would allow me time off for a pre-planned two week trip-I am very lucky to work for some great folks who totally understood and gave me the time off!!!! So, after five months, we're finally going away again!!! I realize in America having a 2 week vacation 5 months after the last one seems excessive, but for these marriedtravelers....well 5 months is a LONG time! Last summer we did 2 ten day trips and 4 or 5 long weekend get aways!!!

I've also not been very motivated to write-we've had so much going on but because I put so much time and energy into themarriedtraveler website over the last three years, and in an instant it was all lost to the website devils...well I felt like it was a lot of wasted time and energy I will never get back, since I will never see my lost blogs again.

(Quick recap: Globat, who hosted my site, changed servers in May, and when they changed servers, my website had some sort of virus on it and they were unable to retrieve the old website, before it had the virus). Long story short, they were not very helpful and I lost 3 years of blogging).

But onto more pleasant topics...the holiday!!!!!! We leave on Friday and spend the first week at Disney World! Yay! Can't wait! We're staying at the Kidani Village-a brand new resort we have not stayed at yet. It's the sister hotel to Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House-which we have stayed at. Kidani is just like Jambo-but newer! We'll have a savannah view of the animals (zebras, giraffes, wildebeests-oh my!) and an all african vibe going on-can't wait!

We plan on blogging throughout the trip-so feel free to follow us here or on facebook!
I hope we can post some pictures too....

The Married Travelers live on! For all that have been following over the years-thanks for checking back in and for all the newbies-welcome aboard the traveling train-sadly, we won't be going at the same pace as we were in Europe...but we'll never stop our adventures!!!

Cheers,

Becca

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Becca and Dan,

    Great to hear the MarriedTraveler lives again. Hope you have a great vacation. I will enjoy following your travels and hearing what you're up to. I'm still traveling. Heading to the Bahamas early December and Paris/England for 3 weeks starting Christmas day. Doing a RS 7 day tour of Paris with 3 more days on my own! Then back to England to see friends and visit my old hometown, Lymington. I'm planning some time in London as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise-
    Great to hear you're going back to England!! And I am super jealous of your paris trip!!!! Sounds like December is going to be a great month for you :)
    If you need any tips about what to do in London please let me know!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete